7 Comments

1. Annie
    Jun 6, 2017 @ 3:48 pm

Salina! Absolutely AWESOME! So well said and helpful! We’ve ALL dug that pit and need this reminder to hide that shovel! Thanks for sharing the insights you gain from pain with all of us!

• Salina Christaria
      Jun 7, 2017 @ 12:47 pm

Thank you, Annie. It’s funny how I really hated being in the pit, but it’s also where I learned to see what was buried in my psyche. Maybe sometimes you have to allow yourself to dig the pit just so you can more clearly see what’s lurking there. ~ Salina

2. Addie
    Jun 6, 2017 @ 9:01 pm

You create such word pictures!
    “I rob the other person of their learning…” That’s profound.
    You are a wonderful human being! 🙂

• Salina Christaria
      Jun 7, 2017 @ 12:59 pm

Thank you, Addie. If only we could learn our profundities in a meadow of daisies filled with frolicking puppies! I’d prefer that classroom over Pain and Suffering 101. But, I’m learning to embrace what is, and not what I wish it would be. ~ Salina

• Annie
      Jun 8, 2017 @ 8:43 am

Addie! I SO agree that Salina Christaria is a WONDERFUL human being! And that she says some very wise and profound things!🤗

3. Sal Cresci
    Jun 9, 2017 @ 8:20 am

Wow I so agree. What I’ve learn in this is to be careful and mindful of my expectations. I have learned that we are all doing our best, and that not all of the people in our life can respond like we would like them to. Giving all the people around us the freedom to be who they are, allows us the freedom to choose more clearly who we want to be friends with.
    Not easy.

• Salina Christaria
      Jun 12, 2017 @ 11:49 am

Hi Sal. You are so right. We not only need to be careful what we tell ourselves, we also need to be careful of our expectations. I am working on finding a balance between letting go of my expectations and standing firm on my boundaries. As you say, that’s not easy. ~ Salina

Join the conversation...