I love watching TEDx Talks presented by real people who have overcome real challenges. If you haven’t heard of TEDx Talks, let me fill you in on a great source of free online education and inspiration!
TEDx Talks offer a showcase for speakers presenting great, well-formed ideas in under 18 minutes. Some of the speakers are experts in their field. Others simply have a message to share with the world.
There’s a zillion TEDx Talks online on any topic you can imagine. When I’m looking to learn something new, or want to hear from the heart of humanity, I turn to TEDx Talks. They aren’t all gems, of course. But more often than not, I come away encouraged, inspired and challenged to be a better me.
I’ve curated here five of my favorites. Each one of these beautiful people inspires millions around the globe. I hope you are one of them.
Top 5 TEDx Talks that Inspire Me to Be Unstoppable:
- The Prison of Your Mind by Sean Stephenson Born with a rare bone disorder, doctors didn’t expect Sean to live more than 24 hours. Instead, he chose to live a life of power. (Running Time 10:45)
- Living Beyond Limits by Amy Perdy After bacterial meningitis resulted in her legs being amputated below the knee, Amy went on to become a World Cup Snowboarding gold medalist. (Running Time 9:36)
- My Story by Elizabeth Smart When she was 14 years old, Elizabeth was abducted from her bedroom at knife-point. She shares her story of being held captive for nine long months and how she fought to stay alive until she was rescued. (Running Time 11:36)
- My Philosophy for a Happy Life by Sam Berns Sam was diagnosed with Progeria, a rare, rapid-aging disease, when he was two years old. Less than a month after this talk was published online, he passed away of old age — at 17. (Running Time 12:44)
- Overcoming Hopelessness by Nick Vujicic Nick was born without arms and legs. His experiences taught him to change obstacles into opportunities. (Running Time 14:53)
Leave the link to your favorite TEDx Talk in the comments. I’d love to hear what inspires you — so I can be inspired, too!