8 Comments

1. Annie
    Jun 20, 2017 @ 1:32 pm

Brilliant Salina! As usual! I like that just noticing and just mentioning what you are noticing seems less confrontive. Seems it would put people less on the defensive, addressing the action i.e: muddy bowling shoes vs the character of the person muddying the shoes. Thank you for sharing! I always look forward to your Tuesday blogs!!

• Salina Christaria
      Jun 20, 2017 @ 11:09 pm

Hi Annie. Thank you for bringing up the character judgments we make based on the behavior we see. Wow, that is so easy for me to do. I seem to come to a million conclusions from one sole behavior. That’s not good math. My conclusions are often wrong, too. I really do need that tattoo! ~ Salina

2. Laura
    Jun 20, 2017 @ 3:33 pm

This is extremely timely to my recent experiences in the world of dating when one day their behavior communicates one thing and the next something else. I’ve often been left to wonder what happened. Though in my case I don’t often get the option to even mention what I notice, it is still an incredibly wise reminder to not spin out on the “whys” of their behavior. Thank you for your continued honesty and realness!

• Salina Christaria
      Jun 20, 2017 @ 11:19 pm

Hi Laura. You bring up a good point. We don’t always have to verbalize what we notice. We can just make a note of the behavior we are seeing to ourselves. It is information we are gathering and processing about the other person. We might bring it up with them later, or we might never say anything and simply adjust our own behavior. Personally, I like to talk everything out, but I’m learning not everyone shares that desire. It’s been a difficult lesson. ~ Salina

3. Sal Cresci
    Jun 20, 2017 @ 9:19 pm

What I’ve learned is everyone is doing the best they can. Wanting to know why, keeps me from living my life. The slogan that comes to mind here is Live and let live. Most of us don’t even know why we behave the way we do.
    Yeah the mind, I tend to over use it, too bad I could not just wear it out.

• Salina Christaria
      Jun 20, 2017 @ 11:23 pm

Hi Sal. You are so right! My recent bout of obsessive speculation (followed by a downward spiral into the pit of despair) definitely kept me from moving forward in my life. Yikes! This being human ain’t easy, but it sure is educational and I’m grateful for all I am learning. ~ Salina

4. Addie
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 9:35 pm

I’m noticing you invented a word, have a sense of humor, and that quote by Maya makes me stop and think.

• Salina Christaria
      Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:24 pm

Hi Addie. Yes, I do like to invent new words! The quote by Maya Angelou is one of my favorite quotes. It is a good reminder that a person’s behavior tells the real story, not their words. I find myself wanting to believe a person’s words, but their words are only believable if they match their actions. That goes for me, too. My integrity depends on my words and my actions sending the same message. Of course, we are all human, so they aren’t going to be spot on 100% of the time. But the lower the % the lower the trust. Trust absolutely must be earned! ~ Salina

Join the conversation...